Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pilgrim's Prayer

Lord, thank You for the beauty - physical and spiritual -
that surrounds me. Thank You for the joys shared with mutual
company. Thank You for the light You ignite within us all.
Lord, here I now am, trying to heed Your divine call.
Here I am, open to Your Holy Spirit, to your graces.
Help me to see You in friends' and strangers' faces.
I pray not only for my personal intentions, but also
those of other pilgrims who plead to You. I know
that You are merciful, and that it is You who lead
us as You know our hearts. This journey serves as my sacrifice
for You, as a token of thanksgiving, as my humble deed
for me to be closer to You. Please listen to the pilgrims' cries.
Protect me as I walk and fly; enlighten me as I implore
your help; may our relationship be strengthened forevermore.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment